- Watching leaves and bits of grass dance on the wind, whirling around and glistening in the sun like some dancing spirit.
- The shape of a big, stocky horse butt. Who am I kidding? ANY part of a horse.
- Watching birds in the trees without them realizing I’m watching them.
- Seeing a baby doe run across the field, stop, and look at me just as bold as brass knowing I’m standing right there; she reaches down to eat grass like I’m part of her safe world. I am.
- Looking out into the pasture to see my pregnant mare, Kat, roll – or try to roll. Preposterous. She loved it; so did I.
- Seeing cats curled up together. It makes me wish I were tiny so I could curl right up with them.
- Dogs running. Anywhere. Anytime. Even better if there’s some degree of tongue lolling happening.
- Over single one of Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman’s) shows. Pure joy. If I saw her, I’d probably hug her and she’d think I was a weird stalker.
- Family; who knew that with so little of them left I’d be taken under the wings of other families.
- Friends; no matter how nutty or random I am, no matter if I’m having a bad day or great one, true friends make life a complete joy. I could do another 47 years with you all.
What makes you happy?